2013-14 Digital Talent Program member Zaire Love works as a digital multimedia specialist at CMG radio stations in Houston, TX.
You will love working here
- Be yourself. At CMG, we know how important it is for our success to allow for diversity of thought and for employees to be “their best selves.” Our work culture is one that is entrepreneurial, nurtures personal development and builds on everyone’s unique talents.
- Growth, experience and training. When you join CMG, we’ll ensure any move and onboarding is easy. We will work with you to help you reach your full potential through ongoing career development programs. We are committed to ongoing training throughout your career and to hiring from within.
- You can be extremely successful and receive unheard-of benefits. Cox awards enterprising and motivated employees in both compensation and a generous benefits package that includes robust health benefits, paid time off, a 401K and often a pension.
- The media business is fast-paced and exciting! Working in radio, TV, newspapers and digital media is fun, exciting and fast paced. You have the opportunity to be creative as well as participate in market events. You will often have access to the hottest tickets in town and your friends and family will think you are in “show business!”
- Be a part of a winning team. We’re leaders. Our television and radio stations and local newspapers are often the #1 and #2 rated media in their markets. With our integrated portfolio of top-rated media properties, we combine our content expertise with customized marketing solutions, helping our clients reach their exact target audience and goals, which further drives our success.
- Our culture. Employees are our most important resource. Our customers are our lifeblood. We embrace new technology and invest in new business opportunities.
- Our commitment to the communities we serve. We believe it is good business to be good citizens of the communities we serve through volunteerism and financial support. You will have the opportunity to get involved locally with your co-workers to make a difference in your CMG community, whether it’s lending a hand in food or toy drives or other local charities.
- Our history. Cox Enterprises was founded in 1898 by former schoolteacher and reporter James M. Cox, whose ambition was to own a newspaper. His success with the newspaper led him into public service. He subsequently became Ohio’s first three-term governor and the 1920 Democratic nominee for president of the United States. It was Gov. Cox’s entrepreneurial spirit that began the long journey of building what has become one the largest media companies in the U.S.
- Cox is a family-owned and privately-held company. This allows us to make the best decisions for the company vs. Wall Street. In addition to Cox Media Group, Cox Enterprises, Inc. has other subsidiaries: Cox Communications (cable & broadband communications), Manheim (vehicle remarketing services) and AutoTrader.com (world’s largest online auto marketplace).
- You can build a career here. Many of Cox employees have worked for the company for more than 20 years. That is unheard of today. At Cox, you don’t just have a job, but the opportunity to grow and advance across many dynamic industries in locations throughout the country and the world.
Download the CMG Locations Map